Friday, June 6, 2008

Life, or something like it

So the last few weeks have basically sucked, work wise. Since this is available all over Teh Interwebz, I won't go into detail about what has happened over the past three weeks. But my friends and my staff know what has been going on. Let's just say that there are those who care more about crossing T's and dotting I's correctly, than about making sure people truly have equal access to justice?

It's been one of those days/weeks/months that make you rethink your life. Am I really doing what I should be doing? What I want to be doing? The grass is looking awfully green on the other side of the fence... And I do mean green. As in Benjamins. As well as other things, such as not having to deal with certain pinheads.

Ron and I both had sucky days Wednesday. Actually my day Wednesday was a carryover of my sucky Tuesday. So we went to see "What Happens in Vegas" which cheered us both up. Hilarious movie...

(I just got attacked by a cute boy whose 10th birthday is in less than 2 weeks.)

Anyhoo. No cool pictures of spun or knitted stuff today. However I did have three packages show up this week that brightened my sucky work days. Two of them were Tsock Kits from the Tsarina of Tsocks and Van Calcar Acres. The Tsarina designs the tsocks, and the Yarn Fairy of Van Calcar Acres dyes the yarn. The two tsock kits I got this week were Oktoberfest and Firebird. The other package I got was the May Spunky Eclectic fiber club roving - Corriedale in a lovely rose colorway.

I'm still working on my zombie socks. I finished the first sock and am turning the heel of the second sock. No Second Sock Syndrome on this pair...

The Casper Marathon is this weekend. I worked packet pickup for a few hours this afternoon/evening, will work packet pickup tomorrow as well. Sunday during the race, I will announce the finishers as they cross the finish line...

Then Monday at a truly ungodly hour, I board a plane for Washington, D.C. for a conference... which brings me back to the beginning paragraph of this post... long story...

Um, I better stop. Laterz

No comments: