Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Ob-la-di, ob-la-da...

I survived the conference without having my head handed to me on a platter. I had been worried that I'd get dragged aside and given the third degree (again). That didn't happen, fortunately. I did come away with some materials about transition and succession planning... which may come in handy... maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow, but soon...

I also finished the Zombie Socks during the conference.

Also before leaving for D.C., I spun up half of my May Enchanted Knoll Happy Hooves batt:
Marathon update. It went well, albeit chilly and windy. My announcing got rave reviews. Scary thing is, I will probably be asked to announce again next year.

Kidlet and I went to the National Zoo today. Here are some critters:




We saw the giant pandas but I don't seem to have gotten a picture of them. They are rather elusive. I did buy some panda souvenirs tho.

Yesterday Kidlet and I went to the National Archives. He thought seeing the Declaration of Independence and the Constitution was really cool. Apparently the Archives people get a lot of questions/comments about the "National Treasure" movies...

Tomorrow we are off to the Mall. I had to explain that it is not a shopping center.

No comments: