Saturday, May 31, 2008

Back to spinning

I finally sat down at the wheel yesterday and did some spinning for the first time in awhile. I'd been struggling with an attempt at laceweight, gave up for the time being. So yesterday I took it off the wheel and started up on something else...

This was the May Loop SSB club batt, in Spring. The batt is made from Merino, bamboo, Corriedale, tussah silk, and angelina. The thingies in the little bag are crocheted, felted roses.



This was a sample pack of Teeswater pencil roving from a gal in Thermop. I think doing stuff with stuff other Wyomingites have created is way cool:


Here is how they turned out: First the Loop batt, spun thick and thin and plied with a metallic blue yarn. Second, the Lucy's Sheep Camp roving, spun as one skein. Started with the orange ball, then the green/orange, then the green/pink/orange/purple, finally the blue/purple. I decided to leave it as a single.


I spun out on the front step yesterday. I took the afternoon off from work. The kids down the street were fascinated with what I was doing. They kept coming up to me and asking me questions. Hmm... maybe I can lead some of them to the dark side... hehehe...

There is something wrong with the q key on my laptop. Probably because Rascal keeps sitting on my computer...





No comments: