Tuesday, August 5, 2008

If it were done when 'tis done...

If it were done when 'tis done, then 'twere well
It were done quickly: if the assassination
Could trammel up the consequence, and catch
With his surcease success; that but this blow
Might be the be-all and the end-all here,
But here, upon this bank and shoal of time,
We'ld jump the life to come. But in these cases
We still have judgment here; that we but teach
Bloody instructions, which, being taught, return
To plague the inventor: this even-handed justice
Commends the ingredients of our poison'd chalice
To our own lips.

--Macbeth,
act I scene vii.


Just kill me now and get it over with.

So the report from the compliance review came last week. It basically says nothing nice at all about us. I'm painted as incompetent and a liar. But I can't get my revenge... that whole "even-handed justice" thing, ya know?

Whatever. I'm gone in less than 5 months. Actually more like 4 1/2, I spent part of yesterday calculating leave time such that 1) I can cash out as close to 120 hours as possible, and 2) I can take off pretty much the entire second half of December. At least from December 19 on, anyway.

The board wants me to join them (the board) after I cease to be an employee. I don't think I will, however. I need a break. Plus at this point, there isn't enough alcohol in the world to get me drunk enough to agree to join...

Obligatory fiber arts content. I got back to spinning, some anyway. Been spinning some Monkey Farts on a drop spindle. Spun up another ounce or so of the Enchanted Knoll May batt that has been languishing since June. As for knitting, I let Frenchman's Creek take a break for a week. I started a moebius sling bag with some Louet Euroflax I picked up during Crazy Days. I'm kind of going back and forth between Frenchman's Creek and the moebius bag.

I have a headache today. Urg. Well I suppose I better get some work done.


No comments: