Thursday, July 17, 2008

Onward and upward....

I think Molly has the right idea. She has apparently decided that the moebius bowl I made a couple months ago should be a cat bed instead. She is curled up looking very comfortable.

So on the work front, I talked w/ board chair yesterday, told her what my thoughts are. She said she didn't blame me one bit. So... the transition period officially begins...

Here are some pictures from the mountain from 4th of July weekend:


I fell in the creek (after these pictures were taken) and banged up my left hand. It's still sore. Oh well. At least I am getting back into running. I've done several runs on the mountain over the past few weeks. Plus adult league soccer has helped with that. I have a soccer game in 40 minutes so I'm going to have to get moving and get ready for that.

Obligatory Knitting Content:

I'm almost done with Oktoberfest. Here's the one sock:
I'm mostly done with the second Oktoberfest sock. I have another pattern rep or so before I get to the cuff.

I'd be done with Oktoberfest if I hadn't gotten distracted by Tsock #2, a/k/a Frenchman's Creek...
The Frenchman's Creek kit arrived over the 4th of July weekend. I cast on the 7th (I think). I'm almost done with the heel flaps.

I can still knit even with the banged up hand. It's just my left pinky which I don't use very much in knitting. Typing is kind of a PITA though. You don't realize how much you use your left pinky in typing until you bang it up... and I've been working on grants all week (gotta keep things going for the next guy/gal)

Well, time to head off to the soccer pitch. Laterz

No comments: