Monday, January 18, 2010

Silly cat

So I'm sitting in bed, reading The Omnivore's Dilemma and eating a purple sludge made of milk and frozen berries (strawberries, blueberries, a few raspberries and blackberries), and Molly sees that I am holding a dish and a spoon. Her mental computation: dish + spoon = TREAT!!!

So she marches up, sits on my book, and meows cutely up at me. Thereby keeping me from reading.

She is saved by 1) her cuteness, and 2) the fact that I am on the chapter about "The Ethics of Eating Animals."

I should note that when I finished the purple sludge and set the bowl down, she was unimpressed by the purple sludge residue. I, on the other hand, thought the purple sludge was quite good.

2 comments:

Jean in Georgia said...

Cuteness is the general reason most pets continue to live...

Ria said...

her cuteness and the ethics of eating children have saved Angie on many occasions.