Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Days of wine and knitting

OK, I know I've posted this wine cozy before. But it's the only wine-related knitted object I have handy.

Lately I've been fascinated with wine. Learning more about it, that is. Over the past few weeks I read The Billionaire's Vinegar
: The Mystery of the World's Most Expensive Bottle of Wine by Benjamin Wallace (I recall one evening a couple weeks ago detangling a mess of Lorna's Laces Lion & Lamb, thanks Daisy, while reading The Billionaire's Vinegar), and last night I finished The House of Mondavi: The Rise and Fall of an American Wine Dynasty by Julia Flynn Siler. And I'm puttering my way through Red, White and Drunk All Over: A Wine-Soaked Journey from Grape to Glass by Natalie MacLean and The Little Red Book of Wine Law. And I just HAD to go and subscribe to Wine Spectator, along with Food and Wine.

So I decided to google wine knitting to see what I could come up with. Unfortunately, most of the patterns fall into two categories:

  1. wine bottle cozy/wine bottle gift bag (BTDT); or
  2. wine glass markers.
Dude. Can't people come up with something ELSE??!!??!?!11?!11eleven///?? :::sigh:::

I guess that means it's up to me to come up with something.

Either that or I'll just knit up a ton of wine bottle cozies to use for blind tastings.

And I suppose I better make some wine glass markers, since I'm using my existing markers as stitch markers on the Clapotis I'm making with the Lion & Lamb.

Back to the Clapotis... guess I better knit on it some more..



2 comments:

Natalie MacLean said...

Thanks for reading my book Wendy! I'm keen to hear what you think when you're finished.

Cheers,
Natalie

www.nataliemaclean.com

Editor of Nat Decants Free Wine Newsletter

Seashelly said...

That's a purty looking wine cozy!

Is that homespun? Or leftovers?

It's purty.